We’re in search of a college student to join our team as an SEO Intern. At New Breed, interns are treated like full-time hires and are expected to contribute and make an impact. Our internship program is all about continued learning and hands-on experience with real client and internal work. Many of our interns eventually become full time employees, and we put you on that path from day one if you are willing to work and excel.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and execute a variety of SEO related tasks and develop a solid understanding of inbound marketing, content optimization and off-site promotion. You will be instrumental in assisting the SEO Strategist to keep all client and internal websites up-to-date with fully optimized content, SEO audits, monthly retainers and ongoing reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Learn all the basic SEO strategies (keyword research, link acquisition, 301 redirects, social media best practices and full on-site optimization).
- Develop a basic understanding of Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Moz & HubSpot's suite of tools.
- Identify and resolve 404 crawl errors and fix dead links.
- Improve metadata across main website pages and blog posts for internal and client sites.
- Utilize inbound methodologies (attract, convert, close, delight) to target key personas with effective keyword research.
- Assist in the creation and completion of professional-level SEO audits for new clients.
- Stay up-to-date with new changes and opportunities in the world of SEO and inbound marketing.
- Work with the SEO/SEM and Leadership Teams to ensure client satisfaction and assist with the development of new SEO products and marketing strategies.
A strong candidate will have:
- A 3.0 GPA and above.
- Inbound Certification from HubSpot Academy.
- Availability to work for a minimum of 20 hours a week. Full-time availability is desired. Please specify availability within your cover letter.
- A very strong interest in inbound marketing and SEO.
- A basic understanding of digital marketing strategies.
- A highly analytical mind.
- Be passionate about doing B2B marketing for the fastest-growing technology and software companies.
- Have a willingness to learn, help out, and go the extra mile.
- Be driven and determined to continually grow as a person and as a professional.
- Take initiative: Identify opportunities for improvement and take them to the next level without being told.
- Be flexible and adaptable in managing your time and schedule in a rapidly-changing environment.
- A positive attitude in everything you do.
- Be always ready to take on a new challenge and the intuition and good judgment to get through it successfully.
- Superior communication skills, incredible writing skills, strong listening skills and excellent quantitative skills.
- Audacious goals and the drive to be your best in a competitive space.
What's in it for you?
- Get in on the ground floor of a quickly expanding company.
- Have a new family of coworkers who are passionate about what they do and excited to come into work every day.
- Gain experience with the world’s best inbound marketers.
- Spend your day in a beautiful office overlooking the Winooski river.
- Work with exciting clients who are some of the fastest-growing technology and software companies.