We’re in search of a recent college graduate to join our team as a Content Strategy Apprentice. At New Breed, apprentices are treated like full-time hires and are expected to contribute and make an impact. Our apprenticeship program is all about continued learning and hands-on experience with real client and internal work. Many of our apprentices eventually become full time employees, and we put you on that path from day one if you are willing to work and excel.
In this role, you will help with editorial calendar creation, the client interview process, content workshops (for brand voice and tone), web copywriting (including strategy and crafting messaging) and content creation for blog posts, ebooks, white papers, videos, emails and more — both for our clients and for New Breed. You will also have the opportunity to assist in the creation of buyer personas for our clients’ foundational services. You must have experience in interviewing, creating story ideas and building written content in various formats. The most important trait for this role is the ability to quickly absorb and communicate information about any industry. Comfortability with context switching is paramount; our clients expect their writing to sound like their brand, and you must achieve this for every client, across industries and verticals.
In this role, you will:
- Research and develop content based on customer’s identified challenges and objectives.
- Help with quality control over all delivered content.
- Work in lockstep with the Inbound and SEO team to assist in editorial calendar creation to drive leads for our clients.
- Help build and manage partner relationships.
A strong candidate will have:
- A BA/BS degree or background in Journalism, English or similar field.
- Full-time availability is desired. Please provide your availability in your cover letter.
- Inbound Certification from HubSpot Academy.
- Understanding of inbound marketing methodologies.
- Expertise in blogging platforms and web-based applications (google drive, rss readers, etc.)
- Interest in learning and gaining mastery of SEO fundamentals.
- Exceptional business writing skills, including ability to quickly change tone/voice between projects.
- Be passionate about doing B2B marketing for the fastest-growing technology and software companies.
- A willingness to learn, help out, and go the extra mile.
- Be driven and determined to continually grow as a person and as a professional.
- Take initiative: Identify opportunities for improvement and take them to the next level without being told.
- Be flexible and adaptable in managing your time and schedule in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Have a positive attitude in everything you do.
- Be always ready to take on a new challenge and the intuition and good judgment to get through it successfully.
- Superior communication skills, incredible writing skills, strong listening skills and excellent quantitative skills.
- Audacious goals and the drive to be your best in a competitive space.
What's in it for you?
- Get in on the ground floor of a quickly expanding company.
- Have a new family of coworkers who are passionate about what they do and excited to come into work every day.
- Gain experience with the world’s best inbound marketers.
- Spend your day in a beautiful office overlooking the Winooski river.
- Work with exciting clients who are some of the fastest-growing technology and software companies.