Any inbound marketer will argue that social media is an essential piece of the puzzle. And there's no doubt in our minds either. But if you've been tasked with being (or becoming) the social media guru of your organization, you may not feel the love from your team all the time. Meaning, we know you're putting in hours of time building followings and relationships, but your higher-ups aren't seeing the real need.
Why? Because social media can be hard to track.
Luckily, we're here to give you some real life DATA (as in full blown, proven statistics) to actually prove that social media does make a difference and is crucial to the success of your inbound marketing campaign. In HubSpot's, 2013 State of Inbound Marketing Report, there are stats, upon stats, upon stats, but we've combed through and picked out the social media statistics that you can take to your boss.
And without further ado, here are the 16 social media statistics from the report
- Social media and SEO each contribute 14% of marketers’ total pipeline. Tweet this stat!
- Social media has 13% above average conversion rates in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- 21% of marketers report that social media has become more important to their company over the past six months. Tweet this stat!
- 52% of all marketers are sourcing leads from Facebook in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- 74% of marketers report that Facebook is important to their lead generation strategies. Tweet this stat!
- In 2013, 23% of marketers are / will be investing in social media, a 9% increase from 2012. Tweet this stat!
- 27% of marketers report that both social media and email marketing produces the lowest total average lead costs. Tweet this stat!
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- 36% of all marketers found a customer via Twitter in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- 15% of all marketers found a customer via Google+ in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- 9% of all marketers found a customer via Pinterest in 2013. Tweet this stat!
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook likes get nearly 1,400 website visits a day. Tweet this stat!
- Companies with over 1,000 Twitter followers generate more than 800 new website visitors a month. Tweet this stat!
- Social media staffs more full-time employees than any other team, with 16% of companies engaging a full-time social media practitioner. Tweet this stat!
- Of the 16% of marketers who dedicate their time to social media in 2013 will also deliver the highest proportion of leads, at 14%. Tweet this stat!
- 17% of agencies say that social media leads convert to sales. Tweet this stat!
Topics: Demand Generation