As marketers, we understand the weight of blogging for our business. With 67% of B2B marketers attributing lead generation to blogging and 65% of Internet users who read blogs daily, this is one bandwagon you want to jump on.
Writing a blog post is easy; getting the traction on your content that you want- that's the difficult part. With so many blogs (over 40 million to be approximate) and even more readers, it can be challenging to get your blog seen, read and shared.
Want to get your blog post shared? Follow the tips below!
1. Create a Killer Title
- Use Keywords: In your HubSpot portal, you're able to use the Keyword function (under Reports) to input new keywords or browse current ones. You're able to see how their ranking and the traffic they drive. Here you can generate blog ideas or find keywords to incorporate into your pre-production post.
- Include a Number: Posts that have a number perform much better than those without. For example, 10 Tips for X or 6 X Not to Do.
- Out of Ideas? Use HubSpot's Blog Topic Generator to come up with excellent titles and spark inspiration.
2. Make It Easy To Share
- Be sure to include social media sharing buttons on your blog posts so readers can easily share with their communities.
- Not sure how to turn them on? Under Content > Content Settings > Blog > Blog Social Sharing Icons
3. Write a Compelling Description
- When you're creating your blog post, you're able to go in and create a meta-description. This is what will appear in search engines and when someone shares the link to the page.
- Crafting a readable, compelling description using important keywords can improve the click-through rate for a given webpage. (Moz)
- The recommended length is 155 characters; anymore and the entire description won't appear in search engines.
4. Optimize for Search Engines
- HubSpot has this really amazing feature, SEO View, when crafting your blog post. Under SEO View you're able to input or choose a keyword and then it performs an analysis for SEO in different areas.
- Aim for high impact in all four areas (Title, Body, Image, Meta)
- Not sure if you're fully optimized or not? In the bottom, right hand corner is the SEO View button. If there's a red circle with a number inside, then you need to take the time to optimize for SEO.
- Still need more help? We've got an SEO Checklist for Blogging!
5. Share Your Content
- Through Social Inbox on HubSpot, you can schedule posts on all social media platforms effortlessly.
- You can also schedule through the Publishing option when creating a blog post. Here you can schedule for social updates to go live when the blog does.
- Post on different social platforms, communities and groups. With HubSpot, you're able to post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+, both individually and as a company (except Google+, you can only post to business pages currently). By leveraging your content on different platforms, it increases your reach and probability of being shared.
- In Social Inbox, you can connect not only all social business accounts, you can connect individual as well. By pushing content through employee channels, you're hitting even more readers than before.
6. Share to Email Subscribers
- When you've finishing composing your blog, head into the Publishing tab and schedule an email to go out to all of your subscribers when the blog goes live.
- More sophisticated with HubSpot? Pull from your contact lists to push your content.
7. Monitor Your Sharing Results
- Using Social Inbox, you're able to see the interactions your content has received on your social platforms.
- Under Reports, check Page Performance to see exactly how many visits your blog has received.
8. Then Do It Again...
- Great content should be shared again and again.
- My tip: Create sets of copy options for each blog post so you can continue sharing the same content with different copy over a longer period of time.
- Use the scheduling tool in Social Inbox to schedule another social post next month.
Topics: Demand Generation