Memes have become a marketing phenomena across the Internet. They're clever, funny and great for increasing social engagment.
Who doesn't want to make people smile and still be talking about marketing?
Recently, we've been taking full advantage of memes in our social marketing campaigns. Not only do our marketing memes show off your company's personality, they are also great for engaging your followers and resonating with audiences everywhere.
What is a meme?
Now we realize not everyone knows what a 'meme' is. To quote Hubspot, "A meme is quite simply a concept, behavior, or idea that spreads, usually via the internet. Memes most commonly manifest themselves in a visual such as a picture or a video, but it can also take the form of a link, hashtag, a simple word or phrase (e.g. an intentional misspelling), or even an entire website.
Why use memes?
A better question is, why not use memes? Of course, don't use memes if they content and message aren't going to resonate with your audience. It is extremely important that you understand and recognize who your audience is and the types of content they are consuming. If your audience isn't prone to liking images or engaging with humor, then don't use memes. Then again, who doesn't like images and humor!
There are a number of pros to using memes:
- They are already viral - Leverage yourself on something already successful
- They're quick and easy to create - We create our own by using memegenerator.net
- They make great social media content - They can be reshared and repurposed to continue audience engagement.
- They help you stay relevant on social media - With Facebook's new algorithm, many of your posts aren't showing up on your fan's newsfeeds especially if they aren't engaging with you on a regular basis. Memes are an easy way to boost likes and comments therefore boosting the appearance of your posts on newsfeeds.
- Lastly, they can help increase employee morale - It's not only a great way to get employees engaging and resharing your posts online, but they can also get in on the creation process by coming up with witty and funny captions.
In celebration of Valentine's Day...
We can compiled and created 25 Loveable Marketing Memes for you to enjoy!